|Sunglasses: Quay Australia, Flower Crowns: I DIY’d!|
|Top: Forever 21 – Really similar here, Booties: Target|
|Top: Chelsea & Violet (On sale!), Shoes: Steve Madden|
|Earrings: H&M (Only $10!!)|
A little more pictures than usual in this post, but that’s okay because COACHELLA! 😉 I don’t even know where to start in recapping the most fun filled weekend I just had. It was such an incredible experience with one of the most incredible people and best friend, Amy. The desert was such a beautiful place filled with art, great music, happy vibes and free spirits.
We were a little overwhelmed the first day because of the amount of people, and the amount of things to do, but that quickly faded. We got there around 2 every day and stayed until midnight, but it went by so fast between all the food, music and fun. Anyway, let’s talk about the food because YUM! There were food booths all over the grounds, and that was a hard decision we faced every three hours deciding where to eat, and can’t forget the snacks in between our meals. Burgers with red buns, SPICY PIE (probably our favorite considering we ate it every evening for dinner), and white truffle cheese fries were a few among the many things we ate. I’ll probably have to run 5 miles a day for the next two weeks to even make a dent in burning off what we ate all weekend (lol!). We did squeeze in one slice of watermelon…balance. 😉 You definitely have to drink a ton of water though to keep from getting dehydrated out there.
Now the celebs & music…Anyone that knows me knows that I literally get starstruck over anyone remotely famous, so clearly I was so excited to get the chance to possibly run into any celeb there. Unfortunately, we did not come across one.single.celeb. We would see so many were in attendance on Instagram, but did not have one run in. We saw a video of Taylor Swift dancing in the crowd and from the perspective of the video, we were actually super close to her but had no idea. That was heartbreaking. It’s kind of hard to recognize anyone though because of the amount of people and with everyone’s festival fashion. The music was incredible and full of star studded surprise appearances. We didn’t leave any show disappointed. Rihanna, Kesha, Calvin Harris, Big Sean, Halsey, and Ellie Goulding were just a few of the ones we got to see. Each show was so full of energy that you couldn’t even help but to jump and dance with the crowd! SO FUN!
For the fashion, you definitely need to prepare way ahead of time. Amy and I were laughing because we had been waiting for this weekend for almost a year, and still not were not as prepared with our clothing as we should’ve been. Oops! You do SO much walking, so comfortable shoes are a must. I wore sandals the first two days and I’m pretty sure if I would’ve done it one more day, my feet would’ve just given out. Booties or sneakers are for sure the way to go. Also, flowy dresses made for the cutest pictures (from the ones I saw), so if you go next year, make that at least one outfit. I wish I would’ve taken a dress! Festival fashion is so fun because you can dress a little more out there and it’s great to see everyone else’s festival style. By Day 3, nothing was surprising anymore! I actually want to just keep looking for Coachella inspired outfits and wear them for the rest of the Spring & Summer, so don’t be surprised if you see more festival fashion (just because) on the blog in the future.
Overall, it was the most exhausting yet one of the most incredible experiences I’ve ever had. Coachella is seriously something you have to attend at least once in your life. I would go back to the heat of the desert in a heartbeat!
So in case any of you decide to go in the future or you’re attending Weekend 2, here’s 10 tips I came away with:
1. Plan your outfits way ahead of time!
2. Rent a locker to store your things and not have to carry them around all day.
3. DO NOT camp out there, unless of course you have thousands of dollars to spare then stay in the fabulous safari tents. We stayed in a hotel and just took the shuttle every day back and forth which was so nice. I would’ve hated to not shower or shower in the community showers if we camped.
4. Drink TONS of water while you’re there.
5. Try the spicy pie and Afters ice cream if they’re there.
6. Accessorize! Accessorize! Accessorize!
7. Make sure to have cash handy.
8. Visit all the interactive brand tents. We got 3 pairs of $30-50 Perverse sunglasses for $2. We paid $1 each time to spin a wheel to get a prize, and you pretty much win every time.
9. Take TONS of pictures and don’t be afraid to ask people to take them of you. Seriously, each person we asked was so great about it.
10. Most importantly, ENJOY every single minute of it because it goes by so fast. Go with your best friends, try all the delicious food you possibly can and dance the night away!