SHOP THE POST
Also available in Maternity here!
I just talked about fitted dresses in my last blog post, but hey, I love them! That’s one staple piece in my closet that I love to have multiple of. They’re so basic but are so easy to wear. As a mom, I’m all about an easy outfit that’s still cute and put together. Even as a mom-to-be, I wore fitted dresses ALL the time. It was one of my go-to outfits because it was one that helped me feel good and it gave me somewhat of a decent shape. It’s so hard to not feel like a big round ball especially towards the end of your pregnancy! This one from PinkBlush is a must have – it’s under $50 and the material and quality is so good and thick. I love to wear fitted dresses with denim jackets, military jackets and sneakers. You can also dress them up with open toe booties, heels and moto/leather jackets or kimonos. For the fall/winter, you can dress up a fitted dress with a scarf and over the knee or tall boots. There are so many other colors and styles available here under Fitted Dresses and available in both Maternity & Regular versions!
Speaking of feeling “put together,” that is a daily struggle of mine! I’m totally guilty of wearing my workout clothes from my morning gym sessions all day and not even running a brush through my hair on more occasions than I’d like to admit. I hate looking at the clock and seeing 3 p.m. and even though I’ve been productive, I still look like I’ve been laying on my couch all day. On days that I do get ready, I feel so much better about myself all day and it just makes a world of difference in my day. As a mom, it’s hard to take time for yourself between feedings, nap times, and trying to get to everything you need to get done. When Mila takes a nap in the mornings, it’s always a debate between working or house chores, and getting ready. I encourage you (and a reminder to myself) to take 20-3o minutes out of your day for you, Mama! We deserve to feel good about ourselves and look it! I’m sharing 5 tips below to help you feel good and put together each day when you’re always on the go or don’t have a lot of time to spare (& this goes for everyone – not just mom’s)!
1) Dry shampoo & baseball caps are our friends! Style your hair one day and don’t wash it for a day or two, so you can easily spray some dry shampoo in it and just do a little touch up. You can even style your hair the night before, so it’s ready to go in the morning. Hair scarfs are really cute too and easy to tie in your hair!
2) Swap your yoga pants for a pair of jeans. Wearing a pair of jeans instantly helps me to feel put together even if it’s just with a plain v-neck tee, sandals and some jewelry.
3) Minimize your makeup routine. I don’t always have time for a full face of make up, so on those days, I just wear a BB cream, concealer, mascara and a lip balm or gloss! Easy peasy!
4) Invest in good staple pieces whether that means jeans or good fitted dresses like the one I’m wearing above. Buy things that fit you well and you feel good and comfortable in. It’s alot easier to style outfits around those pieces and you’ll get more wear out of them.
5) Accessorize! Simple earrings and necklaces can dress up any outfit. Belts also bring a look together.
Hope this helps squeeze in a little bit of “you time” in your daily routine!